Cross Country Hosts Annual Fordham Fiasco on September 10th
Aug. 25, 2011
Bronx, N.Y. - The Fordham Cross country teams will once again host their season opening meet, the Fordham Fiasco, on Saturday, September 10th, at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx.
The meet is set-up to be a special day at Van Cortlandt Park, as it will take on a different tone because of the tenth anniversary of the September 11th tragedy. To honor the victims, the meet will begin with a brief ceremony at 10:00 AM at the finish area.
Fordham's R.O.T.C. Color Guard will take the field, followed by the U.S. National Anthem and an invocation by a member of Fordham's Campus Ministry office.
In addition, Congressman Peter King, Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security, will be in attendance to make some brief comments and start the opening race at 10:30 AM. Members of the New York Police Department, the New York Fire Department, and local politicians have also been invited.
1. Please send your roster to our S.I.D. by September 1; his email is email@example.com.
2. When you check in for your numbers, you will also receive pins commemorating the event for your athletes to wear. Please ask them to wear them.
3. Of course, fill out the bottom part of the competitor's number (NAME/SCHOOL).
4. The 10:00 AM ceremony is in the middle of pre-race activities (women @ 10:30; men @ 11:00), but the more athletes we have in attendance for this solemn occasion, the better it will be. (We can be flexible with the starting times, if need be.)
5. We will have a coaches' meeting at the finish area at approximately 9:30 AM.